Monday, July 21, 2008

To-do list: one down, 18 to go

My to-do list just lost an item: organize bathroom.

I will confess that I didn't do the yard this weekend but will have to do something with it this week since we have family coming in next weekend and won't have time then.

Actually I didn't do much of anything that I really needed to do after I did laundry, dishes and other random cleaning. OK OK I also slept in really late and took naps too but I wasn't going to post that! Why is it I am hearing my blog buddies in my head as I type like some kind of accountability system!

One thing did get checked off the list and it was sort of strange the way it happened......Jeff had been AWOL for a while and it wasn't until one of the boys last night said "hey Mom...where's Jeff" (yes that's right......they are home for a week as of 6 pm last night!!!) I realized I hadn't seen him in an hour or so, but I was busy and didn't look for him as it is pretty typical for my strong, silent type husband to disappear to some random idea every once in a while.

Jump to later that night as I pause the movie for a potty break and he says...."oh no, don't kill me when you see the bathroom" and I groan. You have to know that since we moved we have done nothing in our bathroom.......we have a long counter with 2 sinks and piled on the counter between the sinks have been "the boxes". Everything we need for our bath is in these boxes so they are randomly shuffled and opened and have things spilling out of them. Each time I need to wash my hands or brush my teeth I have to empty my sink of the myriad collection filling it. Can you picture it? I was picturing some new havoc created that would make it even harder to eventually organize it.

Well........now picture it as I see it when I walk in......I notice that the counter top has a nice pattern to it, I had never really seen it before. WAIT......I can see the counter, and that's not all. The bathroom is clear........it is sparkly.......there are no boxes, there are hand towels in the holders, the only thing on the counter is a vanity mirror and soap container and right in the middle, a bouquet of flowers. Wow you guys........this is my husband! I don't know why or how, I figured out the when.....he had done this amazing thing. I was so impressed and I told him so right then, but now as I type this I'm not sure he knows how much it meant to me so I think I might have to work on the appreciation some more :)

Thanks honey!!!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Props to you, Jeff!

The Cathey's said...

Of course I don't mind if you put my link on your page, I just added yours too, I'm hoping more people will read mine because it's on your page! You have a lot of blogs to read! Anyway, I think of you often too, It's seems so long ago, yet like yesterday doesn't? How did we get to be 34? I'm not sure I want to go past 35, I'm liking the early 30's just fine! Talk to you soon...I updated with a lot more pics so happy blogging!