Tuesday, July 22, 2008

2 years ago......



On July 22, 2006 I married the man I NEVER dreamed of.

I always had a certain "type" in mind when I pondered on the man of my dreams. It turns out that he is my ideal mate and even though I didn't believe it for a long time it was nonetheless true. Jeff was my best friend, he became that because he listened. He gave me strength and happiness. The best part was that we could never mess it up by being romantic because he just wasn't my type. :)

Wow....did that ever change. When I first started falling for Jeff I tried ignoring it....but then the phone would ring his tune and my heart would start racing. I found myself daydreaming about him. Every typical falling in love feeling was happening to me and it just didn't seem possible!

We were so wrong for each other.........I even made a list. I think God was pushing me to that list because for quite some time I focused on those items and because they were written down it allowed me to have something tangible to see that the impossible could actually be possible as they just seemed to be resolved. If not for the list, I don't know if I would have realized that God had put this man in my life to be exactly what I needed.

He is. He might be the man I never dreamed of but everyday he makes dreams come true for me that I never even dared dream!!! It really is the little things.......it's the things that are too precious for me to put out there in the blog universe but it is those things done day in and day out that continue to amaze me and fill me with wonder and humble thanks that he does just because he loves me and loves to fulfill me.

I have never been happier in my life and even better than what he does for me is what he IS for the boys :) He is a natural. They run and jump to hug him even if they have only been apart for a few hours, they fight over who sits next to him. They trust him with their hopes and fears and they come to him with their needs.

Jeff, The last 2 years since we have been married have been such a crazy circus at times and such a peaceful, content place at the same time and I love you so much I have a hard time imagining our love growing even stronger and more fulfilling.....but I know it will because you have taught me to expect the most. Love, Val

Thank you honey for being the man you are..............Happy Anniversary.

Since so many of our friends and family weren't able to make it to Massachussets for our wedding I wanted to post a few pictures to show our story that day. Enjoy!


We were supposed to be married in the Rose Garden at the park but as you can see there was a bit of rain.......surprisingly I don't remember that very often. We moved the wedding indoors to an old New England community house from the 1800's that was in the park.


It seems like we must have always planned it that way.....the ceremony was so beautiful and I just had to include Travis playing in this picture. He played the wedding march on his guitar for me to walk down the aisle and it was one of the most beautiful moments in my life




The ceremony was so wonderful and it really felt like not only was I marrying this amazing man but that our entire family was being married.

The meeting house had an old bell tower with the rope coming down through the middle of the room. As the ceremony ended and we were walking down the aisle, the boys were able to pull the rope and ring the bell for all to hear for miles.

Here are a couple of pictures of us after the ceremony.......the rain had cleared up and we were able to enjoy the beautiful park and all that was in bloom.

5 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

What a beautiful story, and beautful pictures!

The Cathey's said...

Happy Anniversary! You looked so beautiful, everything seems so perfect in these pictures! What a dream to have Travis play as you walk down the Aisle.

I hope I get to meet Jeff someday, it seems sad to me that I haven't, like I've missed a part of your life :(, but I will...I'll look forward to that!

Congratulations! Love you!

Val said...

I love you too! Thank you :)

Unknown said...

I wish I was as elequent as you! I love you so much! You made me the happiest man on the planet when you said "I DO" on that day!
I Love You!
Jeff

Kelli said...

Happy anniversary guys! And thanks for the special post!!