Thursday, July 17, 2008

A few other things.....

As I read other people's blogs I randomly think of things I would blog about if I had a blog. I also find myself driving and thinking about some project and thinking......that would be fun to get blog feedback on! I love feedback so please please please don't be a unicorn (lurker for those non-rossbloggers) and leave me a comment.

Also....I posted my to-do list because I thought it might motivate me and it also might inspire some comments with helpful tidbits. Unfortunately, for the next few days I just can't see finding time for any of them because of more urgent lists! I didn't post the immediate needs because I didn't want to change it that often........it is more for those "one-day" projects.

Speaking of lists! I have a long one that is the "what to pack" list for pre-teen camp. It is not easy packing for a week at camp when all of his things are already packed with him and he won't be here until the night before they leave! Not to mention the huge pile of clean laundry I have to wade through, fold, hang and distribute without the runners I usually employ on a typical laundry day since all three boys are out of town :(

Michael (my middle, 11 yr old) is leaving for church camp this next Monday. In the past this was very hard for me to send him or Travis (oldest, 13 yr old) off to camp because I would miss them each day and I worried about them needing me. This is a unique time for me because they are already gone! They are having their summer visit with their Dad and have been gone for almost 4 weeks :( I have one more to go :). This is always a hard time for me, and for the years that it was just them and me I tended to spend a lot of time at home in the dark with a box of Kleenex and the picture album. Now it is easier because I have Jeff and he is so sensitive to me and is amazingly distracting. So........Michael is coming home a week early in a way but he won't really be home because he will be at camp. Also.....I am already used to him being gone since I have been missing him anyway so hopefully this year at camp will be a little easier for Mom.

Next Friday all my boys will be back home and I'm sure I'm not the only Mom who knows what it is like to take a deep breath or sleep through the night the way you only can when all your little chicks are under your roof. I should say that I know they are having a great time with their Dad....they really look forward to this time with him and all the adventures they will have. He is just a kid like them so it is almost like "boys night" for a solid month.

Just keep telling myself..........one more week.........one more week...........one more week

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hang in there Mama!! Your To-Do list looks like mine! I just moved so my house is choas right now.