Monday, July 21, 2008

Our BFF's

It seems like there are so many anniversary's within a few days of ours.....just this weekend we went to a wedding of some close friends. Last year we spent our first anniversary travelling back from Victoria, TX for 10 hours after our celebrating the marriage of our friends Terrel & Alicia Perkins.

This is at our house....I couldn't steal a wedding pic from her laptop because she wasn't cooperating with my sneaky plans

Today they celebrate their 1st year of marriage. WOW that is as hard to believe as it is to believe it has been 2 years since ours. I just wanted to take a moment to celebrate them and what they mean to Jeff & I. Alicia and I are like sisters. I never had a sister growing up and now that I have Kelli, we have never lived in the same town.


Nothing in my life really seems like it has happened unless I tell Alicia. Jeff often says "you must have told Alicia that" when I accuse him of forgetting something (I think it has become a much used excuse now). It is so great having someone that you don't have to give background to when you want to tell them of something that happened because they know your life so well. We are partners in crime often (BWW) and even the most mundane things in life are better when they are done together. She is exciting and passionate, creative, loving, loyal and the perfect match for Terrell. Terrell and Jeff are hilareous together, they sometimes speak their own language and even though they work together all day they still have a blast when we get together in the evenings or on the weekends. Terrell is loyal, loving, steadfast, calm and flexible. They balance each other in a magical way. Terrell and Alicia are surrogate aunt and uncles to our boys and can be counted on to deliver last minute lunches or the early pick up from school. We also feel like an Aunt and Uncle to their boys (2 cocker spaniels Jack and Andy)


We have been through a lot including loss, extreme joy, extreme lows, road trips, shared hotel rooms, family events, work events and sleepovers with 10 plus young boys. I am so excited for the many more to come.


This post is to honor their great love and relationship. They are made for one another and I don't think their is another person on earth who could fit the other of them so exactly right. I want you both to know that it is a joy to see you together and to have a sideline view to your marriage and all that it brings and will continue to bring for you and those near you.


I love you both

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

thanks for your sweet comment! I think your boys are adorable. I don't mind at all if you post my blog as a link! I hope you guys are enjoying your summer. Thanks.