Sunday, August 10, 2008

We made it!!!

We are in New England for our vacation :)

We are spending the week with Jeff’s Mom here in Western Mass where Jeff grew up.

We got a good deal on tickets into Baltimore and THOUGHT we would get tickets later for a flight from there to Hartford, CT where we usually fly into. Due to the rising gas costs lately tickets are through the roof and when you need to buy 5 of them it really adds up! We decided that the cost of the one tank of gas needed to drive from Baltimore was better than the cost of 5 airline tickets.

SO…...we drove up yesterday from Baltimore and I loved the drive (except the part when the highway turned into a parking lot and we sat on I-95 for 2 hours) The boys couldn’t believe all the states we drove through! We only drove 350 miles…..at home we would drive that just to get to Dallas and would drive even farther to go to Houston or Corpus and never leave the state. Yesterday we drove through Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut and Massachussets…..7 states in less hours than that! I LOVED the view from the window…..all the trees and green. The best part for me of course was New York. We didn’t stop but even driving through was nice for me since I got to soak up just a little bit of my favorite place. We are going to spend some time there on our way home so I am looking forward to that :)

Here are a few pictures of the beginning of our vacation…….the journey to Mass.
This is at the hotel, just before the shuttle took us to the airport.

If you are wondering why they aren't waking up for the excitement...it WAS 4:30 am.

Davis was SO excited to get his luggage all by himself..look at my big guy!!

I'll keep you updated as we enjoy our week :)
I hope you are having as much fun as we will be :)

No comments: