Monday, August 11, 2008

Lost blog 1

I have been behind on my blogging and so I’m using my vacation to play catch up.

A couple of weeks ago we had some family come to visit and I didn’t get to post the pictures.


My cousin Kirstie and I are really close and I love getting to spend time with her NOW. I say that because I didn’t always feel that way. I was the first child born in my generation (on my Dad’s side). All the others after me were boys……I was the only girl and I loved it! I will admit to being a little spoiled….for 20 years. That’s how old I was when my Dad’s youngest brother had a daughter. How dare he! Didn’t he know that I was the granddaughter! We didn’t need another one. Yes…..I was 20……but I am ashamed to admit that I did have a few of those thoughts. It didn’t take me long to change my mind. I realized we had that special relationship in common……and yes she is spoiled also.

She hadn’t been to visit in years so this was a really special weekend. We had a TON of fun shopping and playing Mario Party on the WII. We also played Putt-Putt and I schooled everyone on the go-kart track J Here are some of the pictures of us getting ready to race.

2 comments:

Simply Shelley said...

Your cousin is very beautiful. Looks like that was a fun day....

Blessings,Shelley

Kelli said...

Wow! I didn't know you guys were going to the NE. Hope you guys have a blast!