Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What has been keeping me so busy?

SPRING CLEANING!!!!!!!!!

My family groans when I bring out "the list"

The words "I have a plan" send them running to hide

I have to start keeping my to-do list hidden for protection

What do all these things mean? It's time for Spring cleaning!!!!


We have been very, very busy the last month but I have been limiting it to weekends and have divided the house into very specific projects. So far we have accomplished all 3 boys rooms, our master bedroom & the living room.

I'm not just cleaning either. We are cleaning, we moved everything out of each of their seperate 3 bedrooms (one at a time, i'm not completely crazy)including furniture and beds and cleaned the carpet and windows. BUT, as we put things back in we took the time to rethink their rooms. Anything that was broken was fixed, we hung on walls those things that needed hanging, hung dragons from ceilings.

Davis finally decided at 9 that he was ready to pass on Thomas the train and his table to his cousins Drew & Ben. That was a BIG decision but it made his very cramped room a little bit bigger.

We created a reading corner for Michael
along with the dragons for imagination.
But the biggest change was in Travis's room. He likes change a LOT and decided that he wanted his walls painted.
This was fine and even gave us a little bit to look forward to once he agreed that he would do the bulk of the work AND be the repainter when the time came. However, he came down with the flu & bronchitis the day we started and so.....you guessed it........I was in his room covered in paint along with his best friend Zach until midnight trying to finish it. I was praising God for Zach when he was the one at the ceiling and the floorboard leaving me the middle section. You know your child has found a great friend when he refuses to be given a ride home while his best friend is sacked out and he says "I can't wait for Travis to see how cool this is!" (I promise I fed him well, even snacks and thanked him often)

I am rethinking each of my rooms with the idea from Nester
when I read her posts about the rooms in your house! You have to go to her site and click on this button. We have faithfully followed each post and I have brought in fabric in my living room
and now have 3 working lamps and many candles.
We really focused on our bed in the bedroom and eliminating clutter.
I also painted 3 canvases to go above the bed that I think turned out great. I wish I had a better picture! (please ignore the ugly headboard that i hate hate hate)

I have more to do in the bathrooms and the kitchen/dining but I am stumped with my dining chairs so we may have a poll coming soon.

Check back for more insanity!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Your place is looking lovely! I have one suggestion, though. Paint that headboard! I think if you painted it a pretty color, and maybe put some scrapbook paper against the back wall of it, you could LOVE it. :)