Thursday, October 16, 2008

This window stuff can be addictive

I couldn't quit staring at Travis's window.

It was mocking me.......bare and naked taunting.

I didn't have months of thinking and inspiration but I DID have a sense of accomplishment from Michael's mistreatment and the desire to cover Travis's.

What I didn't have was any extra money for supplies (or old giftcards laying around).

What I did have was nester's words running through my head AND a top sheet that I have given up putting on Travis's bed because he refuses to use it and it was constantly wadded up at the bottom under his comforter.

The sheet was the right color and even though it wasn't being used i didn't want to cut it because I might need it someday! However, I didn't want anyone who saw his window to think I had just hung a sheet up there. My dilemna was:
  • how to make it unrecognizable as a sheet and look just like navy cotton fabric
  • how to hang it with no rods or boards using the only thing I had (furniture upholstery nails)
My solution was:
Here is my end product! And since it is so dark you really can't see the detail at all, but trust me it looks just like Nester's did!


He didn't need to cover the whole window since it is at the back of the house and not everyone driving by will be looking in as they were in Michael's. Plus he had already been using the sill as a place to keep his trophies.


YAY!!! Another window covered and for $0

1 comment:

Liz Harrell said...

That looks great! And $0? That's excting!!!

I cannot thank you enough for the comment you left about the book. Thank you so much for reading it and letting me know what you thought. I actually did start a sequal, I got about 2/3'rds of the way done and then quite. Didnt make much sense to have a sequel to a book that didnt get published. But maybe I'll try to finish it anyway, just for the principle of it.

Thank you again Val. Your encouragement means so so much to me.